Submitting your Bachelor´s thesis for evaluation
Faculty of theology
Technical depositing instructions
With these quick instructions you can send your Bachelor´s Thesis for assessment and deposit it to university's digital archive. If you need more information, please see the Links section.
- Convert your thesis (including the title page fisrt and then the abstract and finally the thesis) into a single accessible PDF file, name the file Surname_Firstname_thesis_year (without Scandinavian letters or special characters) and save it. Check that the pdf file is in text format. The easiest way to see it is to be able to select / paint text with the mouse.
- Activate your Office 365 email if you haven´t done it yet. A thesis cannot be submitted without a valid helsinki.fi email address. (NOTE! Activation takes one night.)
- Use your University username and password (associated with your helsinki.fi address) to log into the form for saving the Master’s thesis (link below) and proceed step by step. Onto this form you can copy both the descriptive data about your Master’s thesis and the abstract from your own abstract form. After successful submission your thesis will enter the assessment process.
- N.B. Once the thesis has been submitted to the E-thesis system, it can no longer be edited. Please be careful!
- When the assessment is ready, the system will send you a message concerning the online publication of your thesis.
- N.B. Information will be saved and emails will be sent to the user whose account has been used in logging in to the system. Never give your user name or email address to others!
Filing of the Bachelor's thesis
The reference and the abstract of an approved Thesis are publicly available online in E-thesis. The approved Thesis is filed electronically and it is accessible only through Helsinki Library workstations.
If you need help
- In questions about the evaluation process in general, you can contact the Metsätalo Student Services (email@example.com)
- Technical questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assessment criteria for bachelor's thesis
- Thesis information page in Flamma (https://flamma.helsinki.fi/en/HY301445)
- University's abstract document (a word document) and model document as a pdf
- Student´s digital skills (instructions on documents and for instance on page numbering in Word)
- Instructions on how to convert your file into a PDF file (PDF-XChange program). Please note: you should not add restrictions such as disabling printing of the PDF file