With the help of this guide you can save your thesis in E-thesis as a PDF file. For more information on publishing your thesis, please see the the links at the bottom of the page.
1. Convert your thesis (including the title page and the abstract Surname_Firstname_thesis_year) into a single PDF file, name the file (without Scandinavian letters or special characters) and save it. Check that the pdf file is in text format. The easiest way to see it is to be able to select / paint text with the mouse.
2. Activate your Office 365 email if you haven´t done it yet. A thesis cannot be submitted without a valid helsinki.fi email address.
3. Sign in to the submission form using your University of Helsinki username and password (link below) and proceed in the following order: * Fill in the information required. If your thesis includes the abstract in several languages, repeat the abstract field. * Upload the PDF file of your thesis. * Ensure that everything has been entered correctly, make changes if needed.
NOTE. Once the thesis has been submitted to the E-thesis system, it can no longer be edited. Please be careful!
4. At the last stage of submitting, you will be asked for online publication permission.
5. After answering the question about the permission, complite submission.
6. After compliting you will see the Submission Complite view. Please note that you will not receive a separate confirmation message from the submission!
7. The thesis is now pending in the system for further processing. Someone at the Student Services checks that the file you have submitted is the same that was accepted in Degree Programmes Steering Group.
At the University of Helsinki, master’s theses are published in HELDA, the Helsinki University’s open digital repository. Online publication is recommended, since your work will gain a permanent publication platform and web address.
If your work contains information that is not openly published online, please contact the supervisor of your thesis. If you do not accept the publishing license, the PDF version of your thesis will be stored in such a way that the full text can only be accessed locally from Helsinki university library computers ("archived") but the reference and the abstract will be published in Helda.
You may submit and publish your thesis even after you have graduated. In this case, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.