With the help of this guide you can save your thesis in E-thesis as a PDF file. For more information on publishing your thesis, please see the the links at the bottom of the page.
1. Convert your thesis to a single PDF file (also including the abstract page/s), name the file (no scands or other special characters), and save it.
2. Log on to the thesis form with the University ad-password and proceed as follows:
3. At the last stage of submitting, you will be asked for online publication permission.
4. After answering the question about the permission, complite submission.
6. After compliting you will see the Submission Complite view. Please note that you will not receive a separate confirmation message from the submission!
The thesis is now pending in the system for further processing.
If you do not agree with the publication agreement while saving the file, the PDF file of your thesis will be archived so that it can be used only on-location at the library (only the abstract will be available via E-thesis).
If you accept the agreement, your thesis will be freely available online and appears, for example, in Google search results.
Make sure that you have followed good reference practices and have not included copyrighted material without the author's permission.
If you have collaborated with some enterprise or organization in writing your thesis, please contact their representative/s before publishing your work online.
On the benefits of online publishing see this article in Verkkari (in Finnish).
If you have problems with saving or publishing the thesis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With problems in converting the PDF file, you can also consult the University HelpDesk (02941 55555).
N.B. If you want to submit a Master's thesis and you have already graduated, please fill in the Master's thesis form and send a signed copy of the publishing agreement form to E-thesis. A scanned copy of a signed agreement form can be sent by e-mail as well.