Submitting your thesis for evaluation and publishing it in digital format
Faculty of Law
With these quick instructions you can send your thesis for assessment and
deposit it to university's digital archive. If you need more information,
please see the Links section.
N.B.! Sending thesis for assessment through E-thesis system is mandatory
starting from fall 2014. For more information see faculty's info in
- Convert your thesis (including the title page and the abstract Surname_Firstname_pro_gradu_year) into a single PDF file, name the file (without Scandinavian letters or special characters) and save it. If necessary, read the instructions at the bottom of the page for more information. Please note: you should not add restrictions such as disabling printing of the PDF file.
- Activate your Office 365 email if you haven´t done it yet.
- Use your University username and password (associated with your helsinki.fi address) to log into the form for saving the Master’s thesis (link below) and proceed step by step. Onto this form you can copy both the descriptive data about your Master’s thesis and the abstract from your own abstract form. After successful submission your thesis will enter the assessment process.
- N.B. Once the thesis has been submitted to the E-thesis system, it can no longer be edited. Please be careful!
- When the assessment is ready, the system will send you a message concerning the online publication of your thesis.
- N.B. Information will be saved and emails will be sent to the user whose account has been used in logging in to the system. Never give your user name or email address to others!
Submission Form for The Faculty of Law
Digital archiving or publishing online
If you do not accept the publishing license, the PDF version of your thesis
will be "archived", stored in such a way that the full text can be used
locally inside the library and only the reference and the abstract are
publicly available online in E-thesis.
Whereas if you do accept the publishing license, your thesis will be publicly
available in the Internet and can be found on the web e.g. with Google.
If your thesis is related to a company or an organization, you should make
sure that the company or organization in question agrees with publishing your
whole thesis online.
On the benefits of online publishing see this article in
If you need help
With converting your thesis into a PDF file or with depositing you can contact
If you have problems with PDF conversion you can also contact the IT Service
HelpDesk (02941 55555)
You may submit and publish your thesis even after you have graduated.
In this case, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.